Department of Internal Medicine & Section of Ultrasound
The Department of Internal Medicine
St. Anna Clinic Prague provides a wide variety of care for adults and the elderly, including:
- Long-term, comprehensive care
- Management of common or complex illnesses
- Care for routine and chronic medical problems
- Disorders affecting the heart, blood, kidneys, joints, digestive system, respiratory, vascular and immune system
- Asthma and allergy management
- Blood and other laboratory tests
- Management of cardiovascular risk factors as:
- hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Thyroid disorders
- Weight Management Programs
- Pre-operative examinations
- Preventative care
- Health education
- Cooperation and coordination with subspecialists (internists may be sometimes referred to as the "doctor's doctor," because they are often called upon to act as consultants to other physicians to help solve puzzling diagnostic problems).
We are pleased to offer ultrasonographic diagnostic examinations at our Clinic.
Medical sonography (Ultrasonography) is an ultrasound-based diagnostic medical imaging technique used to visualize body's internal structures.